Abbott Product Operations AG and its affiliates and subsidiaries (together, “Abbott” and depending on the context, “We”, “we”, “Us” and/or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
- a:care Virtual Leaning (Site) once you have streamed the site onto your laptop, mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how Abbott will treat it.
INFORMATION ABBOTT COLLECTS FROM YOU
Abbott may collect and process the following data about you through our mobile app:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you when you register, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat) and includes information you provide when you search for an App or Service, enter a survey and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. If you contact us, Abbott will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, username, password and other registration information.
- Information Abbott collects about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one of our Apps Abbott will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, your mobile operating system;
- information stored on your Device, including login information;
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to weblogs whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise.
- Location information. Abbott also uses Google Analytics to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by uninstalling App
- Information Abbott receives from other sources (Third Party Information). Abbott is working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). Abbott will notify you when Abbott receives information about you from them and the purposes for which Abbott intends to use that information.
- Unique application numbers : when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- Social Media Plugins and Data : In addition, the App may use social media plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, ‘”Share to Twitter”‘ button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit the App, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your device, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited the App. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+) while browsing on the App, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited the App. The social plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on the App with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allows Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also may allow you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on the App. Abbott does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
Uses made of the information
Abbott may use information collected through this mobile App to provide you with the services you request and to respond to your questions. Abbott may also use this information for other legitimate business purposes in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: For the purposes of registration and administration of the App including related services and support
- Submitted Information – For the provision to you of marketing related information and communications regarding Abbott’s products via any medium
- Device information: for App maintenance and support
- Content Information: none
- Log information: App maintenance and support, issues troubleshooting
- Location information: managing service load, App usage statistics
- Third Party Information: none
- Unique application numbers: managing service load, App usage statistics
Abbott may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
If you use other Abbott apps or websites, Abbott may consolidate the information collected from and about you through those other apps and websites with the information collected through this app to help us better design our products and services, communicate information to you and enhance our marketing and research activities.
As a general rule, Abbott does not share information that identifies you with third parties unless it is necessary to conduct a joint program. Abbott does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but Abbott may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, Abbott may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). Abbott may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in country xyz). Abbott will use the personal data Abbott has collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that Abbott has the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and also, any authorised distributor of Abbott in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any Abbott third-party provider and/or licensor. Abbott will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Abbott sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Abbott will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Abbott or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If Abbott is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Abbott, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where Abbott stores your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where Abbott has given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the App Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Abbott asks you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Abbott will do its best to protect your personal data, Abbott cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Abbott has received your information, Abbott will use reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Abbott will collect and store personal data on your Device using Google Firebase Realtime Database.
You may always limit the amount and type of information that Abbott receives from you by choosing not to enter any information into forms or data fields on our mobile app. Abbott mobile apps that use tracking technologies such as cookies, Software Development Kits and similar technologies to collect information do not generally provide you with the ability to opt out of the tracking technologies.
You have the right for us to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Abbott will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if Abbott intends to use your data for such purposes or if Abbott intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Abbott uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that Abbott does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
Abbott complies with all applicable law in respect of your rights to access, correct and delete your personal data.
You may exercise your rights under the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org